The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Note to self...and anyone else who might heed my warning...


When taking the task upon yourself to put new staples in your stapler, don't wonder if there's any "whole sticks" of staples in the box, and thereby dump out your box of 5,000 staples. For it is a Pandora's Box in reality.
Now why, in the world, do staples come in boxes of 5,000??? Does anyone know? I mean, I know if you were working in an office then you go through a lot quite quickly, but come on! 5,000? I also know from my days in the office that when you place an order through your purchasing dept that they come in packs of like 6 or 8 boxes (maybe more) from Office Max or wherever. Yet another type of conspiracy, if you ask me. Oh, there are hundereds, maybe even thousands of those, right under your nose, and you probably don't even realize it. You've probably never stopped to think about it before. And you think Big Brother is just a reality tv show! Ha! Sorry for me going weird. I'm gonna have to do a post soon about my own conspiracy theories. Stay tuned -- its bound to be a great read! All joking aside, though. To make my staple matters worse, did you know that you cannot just "shove" those blasted things back in the box? Oh, no. You've gotta stack 'em. Makes sense, I guess, since that is how they came out of the box. So, the pic above is my Pandora's Box mess, and the pic below is how I had to reorganize them just to put them away.

2 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

I have SOOOOO been!

Anonymous said...

Ha! the pic of the staples is very funny. It brought tears to my eyes. You always were an inquisitive little girl (just like your "d.d." ) You may have even dumped out a box of staples when you were her age---and now! Huh! Maybe you just wanted to find some kind of perfection on that day??

LOL, Mom