The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Friday, September 22, 2006

This wonderful time of Autumn

First, I want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to my friends Mindy & Mike!! The Lord has blessed them with a baby! They are now pregnant after trying to conceive for 6 1/2 years! Much love to them! :)

I love to keep the temp inside down low so I can dress warmly and drink coffee or hot cocoa frequently! :) Besides, my birthday, anniversary, DS#1 b-day and Curt's b-day are all in fall! I love it! The football, although I can't see many MSU games down here. :( Only if they play Ohio State or Penn State; maybe a few others. But, I frequently call my dad during the games to get that great play-by-play action! Today, my DD was suppose to wear the color red, as they are studying the word, color, and things that are red. And the fact that OSU plays Penn State tomorrow. DD asked me to wear red, too. I thought and thought, and told her, "Ya know, Mommy just can't do it! This girl bleeds green and white!" Of course, that alarmed her, so I had to explain. But I can't betray my home state of Michigan just because we moved here 2 1/2 years ago. Looking forward to a great year w/ MSU -- can they do it????? Will this be the year?? We shall soon find out....

Also, this time of year causes me to be introspective. Which is a great thing. It can turn out to be a bad thing if I do it too much, but to heck with reevaluating myself at the end of the year, I like to do it now, when everything is crisp. I feel more alive now. By January, I'm ready to hibernate and do nothing. That is not my best time to be creative. Today, I will be getting out my autumn decorations. I love fall so much that I heard a name once I might use if we ever adopt (considering biological kids aren't coming anymore) a little girl. The name would be Autumn Rain. Now, don't steal this from me! I wanted it for my DD, but everyone told me I couldn't use it because my DD was born when? (just checking if you all have been reading my posts! Ha!) she was born in the summer. Somehow Summer Rain just wasn't as nice sounding to me. If I could name DD all over again, it would most definately be Autumn Rain. Mindy, if you want, you can steal the name. :) I don't know anyone else who's pg, but I don't really care if someone steals it. I've always wanted to meet someone with my name, but never have in person. Once over the phone while working in a call center I did. Needless to say, we were both shocked! I could like totally roll around on the ground like a dog, that's how much I love fall! However, the last two years I have had allergy problems. But then, I was either pregnant or nursing. Now, I'm not, so I can pump my body full of drugs so I can enjoy this time of year! (jk!) Seriously, though, my options for medicine are now wide open, so I shouldn't be so miserable due to the fact that the dr cannot give me anything. I will be taking many pics of trees and maybe my decorations and posting, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

I have not heard the official due date but I assume early June for Mindy. I think your name is safe.

Go State!

Anonymous said...

My favorite time of year is Autumn or Fall as we call it in Michigan. It always has been. Because,I think, I always liked getting new clothes for school. and new friends to meet and new books to learn from. The cruch of the leaves on the ground, and the smell of them burning. Not to mention the totally awesome color.
Remember "Indian Summer?" it ususally comes sometime in early October.The weather has been cool and the leaves are changed into bright colors,with a bright blue sky, then the temperature spikes to summer time "heat-wave"! This I look forward to each year as well. Dad and I are going to the upper peninsula this October (maybe during the indian summer) so we can see the gorgeous color there at that time. We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. Celebrating a month early to get in on the color tour and be able to visit White Fish Point Ship wreck museum--It always closes one week before our anniv. in Nov. and we miss going inside.

Well, I have written enough for now. Hope that took you down some memory lanes. It did me!

Love, Mom