The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Monday, May 22, 2006

Busy

Wow! It's been over a week since my last entry! Well, I have to say that things have been very hectic around here. DH started his new job at Dish Network last week. He will be working 6 days a week most of the time. Plus, going to school full time as well. Finals are this week, and yesterday we got everything squared away for English. There will be a 2 week break between quarters (of which he will work more hours) and then school will start again. However, no English next quarter! Yes! Gives me a break. I do love to help him, but it can be very taxing at 10pm when you just want to veg! I may still be needed to type for him, though. Which is fine. DD is going to be graduating preschool at the end of this week, so that is pretty emotional. She awoke Saturday morning with a toothache. Not sure what to make of it, but later in the day it wasn't bothering her and she hasn't complained of it since. Census I took decided it was best to not encourage wiggling (it was appearing loose) and to just leave it alone. DS #1 got a toddler bed last week, so he hasn't been going to bed till he passes out about 11pm. Which is another reason for no entries. By the time I get him settled, I go straight to bed. Last night, he even climbed into the crib with DS #2 just as I got DS #2 asleep! Ugh! Well, DH got DS #1 out of there in a hurry and DS #2 went right back to sleep. DS #2 decided to start teething all 4 teeth on top, all at once last week. So, they are all completely broken and staying through, but I am telling you right now, each morning, you can see that they have come down more out of the gums. I have been his favorite "chew toy" despite pretzel rods, large carrots, frozen or refrigerated teethers or biter biscuits. He will take them, yes, but preferrs mom's arm over anything else given a choice. I finished a Karen Kingsbury book last week. Started a new book my mom gave me called "Legacy Lane" Hart's Crossing series #1 by Robin Lee Hatcher. It is a very short book compared to what I normally read; only 150 pages or so. I expect to be done with it in 1-2 days. Then I am forcing myself to finish reading "Sheparding a Child's Heart". It is not that I don't want to read it, but for the most part, reading is my only escape from the kids, so I enjoy christian fiction. I am finding an extreme need to finsh "Sheparding a Child's Heart" because it is so obveous (particularly with DD) that her heart is the issue at hand when it comes to disobedience. I had only stopped reading it because I was really hoping to get DH to read, but even if he loved to read (which he doesn't, he hates it) he wouldn't have time right now with work and school. So, I will read and fill him in on the details. Isn't that just like a wife, huh? Well, one more thing, then I must go. Kids are getting wild. I sent my DH this beautiful ecard and wrote my own eloquent message. Very heart-felt, very sappy. But I felt God telling me to do this for DH on Friday. So I did. I got "Thanks, that will help me make it thru school tonight." I even felt compelled to put it into nice writing on MS Word and then post it in our room. I did not do this to get a favorable response from him, but i was hoping for more than what I got. I truely meant what I said, and I thought he would have talked to me about it. Guess that's something men really don't do, even if they are excellent hubbies. Hopefully more later today!

1 comment:

Mindy Richmond said...

Okay, I'm finally getting a chance to catch up on reading your blog!

I just wanted to say I laughed at what you said about reading that book and filling hubby on the details. Mike hates to read so I do the same thing!