The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Darkness

I am quite sad today. My marriage, I believe, is under great spiritual attack. I feel like I know why, but I cannot say because this place is too public with too many people viewing. My family doesn't appreciate me and what I do for them. I so don't want to do this life anymore, but it's the only life I know and I feel like I would be lost without them. Everything I do from sun up past sun down is for and revolves around my family. I am grateful for the opportunity most of the time, but right now I feel so burnt out. Maybe things will balance out after dh finishes school. But 2 years away may as well be 2,000. I don't know why my dh puts up with my moodiness. I can't stand to be around myself lately. Something happened to me about 3 1/2 years ago that tore me to shreds emotionally and God showed me that that is at the heart of the problems in my marriage. I am continually being dragged through the mud that is this situation and it affects my attitude, decisions, and how I deal with everyone on a daily basis. The problem is that God told me that I needed to let it go. It is too big of a burden for me to carry. But, God, I say, the hurt and pain is still there as if it happened yesterday. I just don't know how to get over it. I do not believe I have the skills or knowledge on how to let go. No matter that I have been churched all my life, I just can't figure out how to do it. It's not that I choose to dwell on it. Satan brings it before me continually and I do not know how to battle him on that subject. Satan knows this so he keeps doing it. I really need a mentor, so badly, if anyone ever reads this, please pray for me, although you may not know me, that I would find a mentor. I long for someone to talk to about life issues as well as regular day to day stuff. I thought yesterday I may not even do this blogging thing anymore. Now I can hardly stop as it is a place to work through things.

1 comment:

momteacherfriend said...

Love ya! Keep your head up. Praying you find a mentor...soon. As for Satan tell him to get behind you and refuse to listen to the lies and the drudging in the past. Ask God to renew your heart and set you free...he will!