The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Monday, May 08, 2006

The following is a message I received from the Lord on Sunday, May 7th 2006.



MOPS

I feel the need to start a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group here in the ***** area. I don’t know much about MOPS. Mostly that it gives moms a break and is Christ-centered. I don’t care if it is me that runs the group. Doesn’t matter who; I just feel it pressed upon my heart to check into this. The closest MOPS is currently about 20 minutes from here. I know the economy is currently @ 11.5% unemployment rate in the greater *town area. That’s 4.5% higher than the national average. I was reading the book “Celebrate Home: Encouragement and Tips for Stay-at-Home parents” by Angie Peters and, in the back, it listed several websites. MOPS was one of them. I had already spoken with my sister-in-law about a month ago regarding locations near me. Well, add the distance plus the fact that gas is nearly $3.00 per gallon and for me, especially with one vehicle to share with my husband, that makes it almost impossible to go.
Today, as I was worshipping in church, I felt the Lord God tell me to pray for 30 days (until June 7th) about starting a MOPS in this area. He told me to sit down with my husband each night before bed and pray about it. He said “Do not miss one day or you will not know.” As I am sitting here writing this, I think there’s no way I could do this because I think sometimes my life really stinks right now and I get depressed. He reminds me that He used David to fight Goliath and that my life isn’t that bad, that I only think so because I get caught up in my situation when things don’t go according to myself and I take my eyes off Him. He hugs me and says, “I love you. Keep looking to me. Talk to me when you feel discouraged and I will cheer you. You must give me your burdens and stop carrying them yourself. You weren’t made to take these things upon your shoulders. I Love You. You are my dear child and I long to help you if you will only let me. I’m going to use you soon in a mighty and powerful way beyond your wildest dreams and far beyond anything you can come up with. You must turn to me each day. You must not worry how things will come together or when. This is my agenda and I will do them how and when I please according to my will. Keep your eyes and your focus on me because I am going to do a work in you. This is my desire. I care for you.” ~ Jesus


One problem: I have to admit that dh and I both forgot last night. As soon as I woke up today, I really wanted to die. I had let God down. I had failed. I yelled at dh. He said, "God knew this would happen. And yet, He still saw it fit to tell you." I feel in my heart that the main reason God told me to pray with dh on this is to get us together to pray consistently. I know that tonight we will not miss. There is no way. But I can tell you that I now know what it means to pray continually. I have been doing this since I received the word yesterday afternoon. I still have that dooming feeling of failure, but I know that is just Satan trying to get my to give up. I will not do this. Just because we don't do exactly what God has asked I know that He can still use me and work through me. It doesn't mean that He will definately move on. Also, a note on the "30 days/June 7th" thing. I counted and realized that between May 7th and June 7th there are 32 days. Didn't realize this until this morning. Perhaps this was God's intention. With Him having the Master Plan, perhaps with Him knowing that I would screw up the first night, He added 2 extra calendar days. We shall see....I feel like I cheated myself out of part of a blessing similar to sneaking and opening a Christmas present behind your parent's back. (No, mom, I never did this, but I can imagine what it would feel like). So, now it's not quite so special, but I will still get it. Will that be the case, only the Lord knows right now. I'll find out on June 7th.
Now, if I get absolutely nothing besides a renewed heart, mind, spirit from this; even if nothing works out; I will have walked away a winner. You want to know why? The Lord God has rekindled my passion. This has been gone for a very long time. I have been hurt by people in the church (maybe more on that at some point) quite a bit and this has caused a bitterness to grow inside me that I can honestly say I no longer feel. Praise the Lord! He is worthy of our praise and on the move in my life!!!!! :D

1 comment:

momteacherfriend said...

That is awesome! Excited for you does not begin to describe how I feel, awesome awesome that you are hearing from Him. Keep pressing on and don't let Satan speak lies to you.
Much love