The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's about time!

Yeah,yeah. I know! I am in a procrastinating mood lately. Probably the heat. I want to post about my vacation. I journaled while camping at a KOA this weekend, but I don't feel like reading through it to decide what to post on here and what not to. Maybe later after I read my journal to DH. He had to work all wkend so he couldn't join us till Sun night. So, I journaled so as not to lose my cool with his parents. That is who I went camping with. Them and my kids. I feel hot and sticky. Mom and Dad are working on getting an a/c unit for us. Thanks loads! We love you for it already! Can't wait for it! The latest on us is that all 3 kids have chicken pox. Started with DD, then notice a few spots on DS#1 like about 6 of them. DD had way too many to count, mainly on her stomach and back. She has them on the back of her neck, in her armpits, and a lot along her line, as well as some other unmentionable places. Now just a few minutes ago, DS#2 got a diaper change, and has some in that area. :( I feel so bad for them. Maybe it will get DS#1 potty trained ~ maybe. But I'm not holding my breath. That's what mom says happened when I brought them home from school -- it got my bro potty trained in a hurry. But I'm not using cloth diapers - big difference. So, I will be giving lots of tepid oatmeal baths, benadryl, calamine lotion, etc. to make them feel better. They are just mostly restless right now. A little grumpy. Pretty normal, given the heat. I am buckling down and preparing for the worst. To answer everyone's question, no. They have not had the varicella vaccine as I believe that children should get chicken pox. Just a personal conviction of DH and mine. Now I am second-guessing holding back on that vaccine. JK! It was a wise decision, one directed by the Holy Spirit. But now its coming full circle and we have to live through it. It will be good for them. I am happy they got it. Although a lot of work.
Pray that this heat subsides some, please. And that my a/c unit will come really, really, soon! I will ask the maintenance guys here to install as DH is busy working a lot. That's another thing. It is hard right now. I literally went from having his help almost constantly to having it hardly at all. I feel like a single mom, but its almost worse in a way. Why? Because when he is around, I have to "let" him be in charge, ya know? Like, I have a routine (sort of) and way I do things. When he is around and does things different, it bugs me. Just little stuff. Nothing I can even think of to mention. But I love him, and he is my knight in shining armor. Despite the fact that we fight sometimes. He is my soulmate. God has brought us together. I am happier because he can adequately provide for our family and he is happier because of this, too! Well, I must go for now. Need to do dishes, and vacuum. I don't feel right about making the kids do their chores while their sick. This may change, depending on how long this virus lasts. BTW, in case you all are wondering: the spots are little raised bumps that are reddish pinkish. They look like little zits. All the pics I could find on the internet (Google Images) show people with them in the second stage. My kids are in the first stage right now. More soon today....promise. I never intend to not post each day, I must make it more of a priority! Ok! Now procrastinating on dishes. Bye!

No comments: