The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Correction

I need to make a correction. Ya know when you tell someone something and forget your main point because you're so busy? Well, that's what happened to me yesterday when I posted. I didn't mean to leave this part out. I meant no disrespect to God or to my DD. I was trying to post in a hurry so I didn't have my thoughts gathered that well, and also, my DD thought I was IMing a friend and she wanted to say something. Except the key she randomly chose to use was the delete key, and she had erased half my post! :>( [i was pretty upset, needless to say!]

I digress. Ok. Here is the correction. Now two nights ago (Thurs. night) I was putting the Caladryl lotion on DD and while it was drying, she said; "Mom, I'm gonna ask God to make these chicken pox go away. (to Him) 'God please make these chicken pox go away. I don't want to itch anymore. Amen.' (short pause then big smile spreads accross her face) Mom, God just said. 'ok. I heard your prayer. I will make you better.' Really, He did, Mom! You don't believe me, do you?" "Yes" I said. "I absolutely believe you! That's wonderful! I'm proud of you for praying like that. You know the Bible says that we all need to have faith and believe in God like kids do. I know He will heal you because you asked Him to." But see, yesterday (Friday) when I woke up, did I remember that? No. Me and my finite mind. I gave complete credit to the Caladryl and Benedryl. I believe that God can use modern medicine to carry out His good and perfect will, but that really wasn't what we were dealing with. We serve an Almighty God who heard the prayers of a little girl and blessed her with a healing. Were they chicken pox, or an allergic reaction? I don't know. Does it matter? I think what matters most is that my DD faith was grown HUGE by that happening! Praise be to God! Thank you Holy Spirit for speaking on her behalf. It may have been the beginning of chicken pox. I will probably never know. I am, however, claiming this healing for my little girl. Glory to God!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

GOD is so great to give us children to learn from. HE loved them so much HE gave them importance in HIS teaching while on this earth. Isn't it great that we can know HIM better because HE gave us HIS Word and children.