The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Friday, July 07, 2006

1 Timothy 3

2Now the overseer must be above reproach...(NIV) according to dictionary.com, the word reproach means 1to express disapproval of, criticism of, or disappointment in (someone). 2to bring shame upon; disgrace. I just wanted to clarify the word. I knew that I understood the concept, but wanted a clearer view.
6He must not be a new convert, or he may [develop a beclouded and stupid state of mind]...(AMP) I thought that was kind of a funny way of explaining it, but very true. We all succumb to this once in a while, especially when our emotions get in the way, right?
9They must possess the mystic secret of the faith...(AMP) I don't like that version. To me, mystic secret sounds like its dark and evil. But who am I?
13Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.(NIV) I always thought that we were all viewed the same in God's eyes. Hmmmm.....
Overall, this chapter gives good teaching on what is expected of the leaders of the church and how they should live in order to remain upright and godly. But what happens when you know of a leader or pastor in a church that is very much not living a godly life? Do you only pray for them? Or do you approach them? What about if its in another church than the one you are attending? ***PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT SPEAKING ABOUT ANYONE IN MY CHURCH FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW ME IRL (IN REAL LIFE). *** But I do know a church or two that I believe is unfruitful because of the pastor/leader(s) in it.

Dear Lord, please be with those you have called into ministry today. Speak to their hearts, Lord God. I pray that the Holy Spirit would convict them when and where needed and would either drop them to their knees or hit them over the head with a two by four if necessary. Help them to realize that there are souls at stake that they are responsible for if they mislead them. Allow them to live a life holy and pleasing to you, Lord. In Jesus Heavenly Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Bek said...

sounds like you've been doing a bit of serious studying....just dropping in to visit your blog and say hi...

Kellie said...

I love how you saw that out of the passage. I havn't been reading along with you but I have stopped by to check in on what you are getting out of your reading. That was very good and also helpful. I need to continue to pray for the leaders in my life that they will be completly open to the HOLY SPIRIT. Thank you for posting that prayer. Love you girl.