The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Friday, July 21, 2006

2 Timothy 1

5I am calling up memories of your sincere and unqualified faith (the [b]leaning of your entire personality on God in Christ in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), [a faith] that first lived permanently in [the heart of] your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am [fully] persuaded, [dwells] in you also.(AMP) I hope one day someone will say the same about the faith from my grandmother and mother has been passed on to me. You both are amazing ladies of God! I look up to you and all that you have been through!

7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.(NIV) I love this verse.

11-12This is the Message I've been set apart to proclaim as preacher, emissary, and teacher. It's also the cause of all this trouble I'm in. But I have no regrets. I couldn't be more sure of my ground—the One I've trusted in can take care of what he's trusted me to do right to the end. (MSG) Do you know of any christian now days that would truely profess to live like this? I'd like to say I do, but I'm not 100% when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

No comments: