The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Studying the Bible

I will be doing a study on 1 and 2 Timothy. A chapter a day, Monday thru Friday. I will be posting my thoughts from the reading on this blog. Anyone can join me. I'm not trying to copy Amanda, but I was held more accountable and I actually chewed on what I was reading and processed when I had to post my thoughts. My quiet time has digressed since we finished the Phillipians study, and I have prayed about this a lot. I feel that regardless if anyone joins me or not, at least I will be posting and it will cause me to dwell on God's Word.

I will be reading from BibleGateway. I feel led to read each chapter from these versions each day: New International Version (NIV), then The Message (MSG), then the Amplified Bible (AMP). Plus, it causes me to read the chapter 3 times, and also to slow down so it will soak in. I may not post thoughts on each of the different versions every time, but know that I am reading each version each day. If you are joining me, you may read whatever version you want and then post your thoughts. (let me know what version you read out of when you post). I am doing this in hopes to get a more thorough and complete understanding of God's Word so that I can apply it to my everyday life. Its my desire to get to know and understand Him more.

3 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

Good stuff! I memeorized 1 Timothy many years ago and have had the desire to revisit it. I will probably join you. KJV, NIV and message will most likely be the versions I will use.

Kellie said...

Sarah called me about this this morning. My mind is in a whirl right now and I have to settle it down before I can make a decision to join. I know that there is one of these thoughts up here that is saying I will join, but I got to catch it first so I know what it is saying. LOL.

Unknown said...

It's important to stay in the word and surround yourself with humble, teachable, Godly woman. As long as you have that and read on your own, God can teach us so much. I am proud of you for taking this step. I don't think anyone would think you are copying me silly! :)

I am reading Jeremiah right now. Timothy is so good too and one I love to flip to and read a lot.

You have a very sweet spirit. God's going to use you a whole bunch.