The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. Jeremiah 31:3

Friday, July 21, 2006

Please Pray for my baby

My DS#1. Ok. I know he isn't my baby baby, but he will always be my baby. All of my kids will be. Last night, he awoke at 11:45 with a stomach ache. I tried not to read too much into it and just gave him a gas antacid tablet. He awoke about an hour later. It seems that he has like stomach cramps. He was almost doubled over at times holding his stomach crying. Then about and hour after that (now 1:45 am), DH and I awoke at the same time to a cry we now know as the "I've just thrown up or I'm just about to throw up" cry. I asked DH if that was why he awoke or if it was because I was grumbling about being awoken 3 times in 3 hours (the first two times the crying awoke DS#2) and he said he awoke immediately from the way DS#1 was crying.

We know the routine well by now. The problem is that he didn't have any whole kernel corn. This is what the doctor thought he was allergic to. About 2 weeks ago is when he threw up and had diarrhea from kernel corn. After a trip to the doctors, it was decided that we wouldn't do allergy testing just yet. Well, now I think the time has come. He is 2 years and 9 months so I know it should be affective. Frustrating. And scared. That's how I'm feeling. Part of my brain tells me if I think about every aspect hard enough then I will be able to figure out what is going on. I know that I'm not a doctor, but still. Then another part of my brain says its probably just a food allergy and we will have to get him tested, then we'll know and we can stop feeding him things that are poisoning his body. But then I think either way, this is going to revolutionize things in the Baker household. Lots more cooking from scratch. Like I have the time! But yet I cannot afford not to. I will go to the ends of the earth and back for my baby. For any of my babies. I would do ANYTHING to make him better or help him to feel better. Then another part of my brain is afraid that we're not gonna find an answer as to what the problems are before something really bad happens. Then another part of my brain knows that God knows the plans He has in store for my family and my little boy. I try to cling to Jeremiah 29:11, but lots of times the other parts of my brain think too much and I worry. I know it is not of God. But still I do it. I worry that I'm going to worry myself crazy. Deep breath. I have asked my neighbor to find another babysitter for her daughter. I don't know if I've posted this before, but I took on another baby about a month ago. I did it to help, but mostly to supplement our income while DH was getting on his feet with his new job. Things are going quite well for him, so we no longer need the extra money, which is a WONDERFUL PRAISE REPORT, I must say. Right now, I just don't need the added stress. She is 2 days older than my youngest. (So 1.) Makes it very difficult to go anywhere with 4 kids ages 5 and under! My neighbor seemed to understand. I told her to find someone asap, but I don't want her tripling what I am charging just for my sake, unless that's what she chooses. Please pray for our family as the Lord leads. I will try to keep you all updated. I will be calling the doctors in a few minutes when they open.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

How did this all go? My DS has food allergies. Dairy, eggs, potatoes, peanuts, and all tree nuts including seeds. Let me tell you when I heard that I got so worried that I would have nothing to feed him. Well GOD is working that out. Let me know how it goes and maybe I have some resources to help you with.